Where to Bet MLB Baseball: Tampa Bay Rays at Cleveland Indians
Saturday, July 07, 2012
The Tampa Bay Rays hope to start a road winning streak Saturday when they take on the Cleveland Indians in the third game of their four-game series. Tampa Bay halted a four-game skid on the road Friday with a convincing 10-3 victory in which Luke Scott kept his name out of the major league record book by homering in the fifth inning.
Scott was hitless in his previous 41 at-bats, a franchise record and five shy of the all-time mark held by Eugenio Velez of the St. Louis Cardinals. The Indians had their three-game winning streak snapped and fell three games behind the Chicago White Sox in the American League Central. Cleveland had won six of its previous seven contests at home and had allowed only four runs over its two games prior to Friday's loss.
Moore is coming off his fourth straight victory Monday over the New York Yankees, a strong performance in which he allowed three runs over seven innings. The 23-year-old has struggled on the road this season, however, winning just one of his six starts while posting a 4.79 ERA. Moore will be facing the Indians for the first time in his career.
Jimenez has dropped three of his last four starts, including a loss to the Los Angeles Angels on Monday when he yielded three runs in 7 2/3 innings. The 28-year-old has been mediocre at home this season, going 3-3 with a 3.74 ERA in seven outings. Jimenez won his only career meeting with the Rays, allowing one run over 6 2/3 frames on June 18, 2009 while with Colorado.
1. Indians OF Shin-Soo Choo is hitting .330 with eight home runs and 21 RBIs since being put in the leadoff spot on May 14.
2. Tampa Bay CF B.J. Upton recorded three hits in Friday's win, including two during his team's six-run fifth inning.
3. Cleveland's Shelley Duncan was activated from the paternity list and went 0-for-1 after entering the game in the ninth as a defensive replacement.
Recent Trends on Tampa Bay: :
- Under is 8-2-1 in TB last 11 Sat. games.
- Under is 8-2 in TB last 10 overall.
- Under is 8-2 in TB last 10 on grass.
Recent Trends on Cleveland: :
- CLE are 6-2 in their last 8 home games.
Head to Head :
- TB are 16-35 in the last 51 meetings in Cleveland.
Vegas Online Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Cleveland -125
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick