MLB Sports Betting Odds: Cincinnati Reds at Cleveland Indians
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
It took some late-inning magic for the Cleveland Indians to extend their streak of home wins against in-state rival Cincinnati on Tuesday, and they will try to make it seven straight against the Cincinnati Reds by competing a three-game sweep when the interleague series wraps up at Progressive Field. Asdrubal Cabrera hit a two-run walk-off homer in the bottom of the 10th for a 3-2 win Tuesday, keeping the Reds winless in Cleveland since May 22, 2010.
The win moved the Indians a half-game ahead of the Chicago White Sox for the American League Central lead, as the White Sox lost to the crosstown Cubs for the second straight night. Cincinnati's lead in the National League Central is down to 2 1/2 games over Pittsburgh, as the Reds have lost the first two games in Cleveland after entering the series on a six-game winning streak.
Arroyo ended a winless drought of more than a month when he beat the Mets on Friday. He struck out five and allowed three runs on four hits over six innings for his second straight quality start and his first win since May 7. Arroyo is 5-4 with a 4.67 ERA in nine games (eight starts) against Cleveland. He was shelled for eight runs in 4 2/3 innings in his only start against the Tribe last season.
Masterson was masterful for seven innings Friday against the Pirates, tossing seven scoreless innings with nine strikeouts for his third consecutive quality start. He allowed just four hits and three walks while winning for the first time in four starts. Masterson is 1-2 with a 4.58 ERA in three starts against the Reds. The win came last season, when he held the Reds to one run on four hits over eight innings in Cincinnati.
1. Indians outfielder Shin-Soo Choo, who singled and scored on Cabrera's walk-off homer Tuesday, is 6-for-12 with four homers and seven RBIs against Arroyo.
2. Reds first baseman Joey Votto hit his league-leading 30th double Tuesday and is on pace for a major-league record 72 doubles.
3. Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips is 17-for-41 (.415) during his nine-game hitting streak, and Votto is 14-for-30 (.467) during his eight-game streak.
Recent Trends on Cincinnati: :
- Under is 9-3 in CIN last 12 Wed. games.
- CIN are 6-2 in their last 8 overall.
- CIN are 6-2 in their last 8 games on grass.
Recent Trends on Cleveland: :
- Over is 6-2 in CLE last 8 Wed. games.
- Over is 8-3 in CLE last 11 home games.
- CLE are 25-53 in their last 78 Wed. games
Vegas Online Sports Betting MLB Prediction: Cleveland -125
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick